PLEASE ROTATE DEVICE
Samsung Website Terms and Conditions
Posted Date: [ ] August 2020
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in our services.
We, Samsung Biologics Co., Ltd. (“we” “our” or “Samsung”) provide a variety of features through the website that you can view with your mobile devices, TVs and other products (“Website”), and these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) will cover your use of the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, the Terms shall only govern the use of the Website, and the terms and conditions for the CDMO services including services provided through this Website shall be governed under the separate master service agreement (“MSA”) executed between the parties.
ACCEPTING OUR TERMS
By creating an account or using our Website you confirm that you accept these Terms. You also confirm that You have reached the age of 18; or
Sometimes we may need to change these Terms, for example to reflect changes in the law or changes to the Website themselves. We’ll let you know about any changes by posting the updated Terms on our Website.
USING OUR WEBSITE
LICENCE | We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our Website. You may only use our Website according to these Terms and the instructions we provide in our Website.
You acknowledge and agree that our Website belong to us and our partners, and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and other intellectual property laws and treaties. These Terms do not grant you any ownership interest in or to our Website, but only a limited right of use that can be revoked according to these Terms.
USER GUIDELINES | We work hard to protect the security and safety of all users of our Website. We also strive to make our Website available without interruption. To help us meet these goals, you agree that:
1. You won’t reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or make any attempts to discover the source code or algorithms of our Website.
2. You won’t modify or disable any features of our Website.
3. You won’t create any derivative works based on our Website.
4. You won’t rent, lease, lend, sublicense, or provide any commercial hosting services using our Website.
5. You won’t infringe our intellectual property rights or the rights of anyone else while using our Website.
6. You won’t use our Website in any way that violates these Terms or any laws, rules, regulations, codes of practices, guidelines or any other requirements of regulatory authorities, as amended from time to time, within the jurisdiction in which you are a resident or from which you are using the Website (“Applicable Law”).
7. You won’t use our Website in any fraudulent or malicious way, for example to introduce viruses, malicious code or harmful data.
8. You won’t use our Website in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security, or interfere with other users.
9. You won’t collect or harvest any information or data from our Website or systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running our Website, except to the extent allowed by Applicable Law.
INTERNET | Our Website may require Internet access to provide certain features to you. You acknowledge that access to the Internet may result in charges depending on your payment plan, and that we are not responsible for the availability or speed of the Internet.
UPDATES | We’re always working to make our Website better. To share improvements and new features with you we may provide updates or upgrades to our Website. These updates and upgrades are designed to improve, enhance and further develop our Website and may include bug fixes, patches, enhanced features, plug-ins and new versions. Essential updates such as critical bug fixes or security updates may be downloaded and installed automatically without your consent to protect you and other users. For other non-essential updates you will be notified in advance and be able to choose whether to download and activate the update.
SAMSUNG ACCOUNT | You may need to create an account to use some of our Website (“Samsung Account”). By creating a Samsung Account, you agree that:
1. You’ll provide accurate and complete information when you create your account.
2. You’ll safeguard your password.
3. You’ll contact us immediately if you suspect anyone else is using your account.
CHANGE / TERMINATION
CHANGE | We may, if required:
1. Change, add, suspend or remove features from our Website.
2. Suspend or terminate your right to use our Website, including access to your account or data.
3. Pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse, reject, block access to or remove any or all content from our Website.
ENDING THESE TERMS | BY YOU | You can terminate these Terms at any time by requesting to delete your information to contact provided on the Website and/or by stopping your use of our Website.
ENDING THESE TERMS | BY SAMSUNG | We may delete your personal information at any time, if:
1. We reasonably suspect that you have violated these Terms or the instructions we provide in our Website.
2. You have clearly demonstrated (either directly or through your actions, statements or otherwise) that you don’t intend to comply with these Terms.
3. We decide to end all or part of our Website (either worldwide or in the country where you are a resident or from where you are using our Website).
4. We are required by Applicable Law to end all or part of our Website (for example if due to changes in Applicable Law or due to court rulings or judgments which make the Website or parts of them become or be considered unlawful).
If we delete your information on our Website, we’ll try to notify you. In all such cases these Terms will terminate including, without limitation, your license to use our Website. This means that you have to stop using all of our Website. The termination of these Terms shall have no prejudice to any rights, obligations and liabilities that you or we have accrued or incurred during the term of these Terms.
NO WAIVER | If we do not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is set out in these Terms or which we have the benefit of under any Applicable Law this will not be construed as a formal waiver of our rights or remedies and such rights or remedies will remain available to us.
SURVIVAL | Any provisions within these Terms that by its nature should continue to be in effect shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and remain valid and binding.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS | You agree to receive all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications electronically including by email, push notification, pop-up or text.
Effective: 2020. 08. 07
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
• We may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and contact details, job title and position, company, language, registration details, and any communications you send or deliver to us;
• We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings; device IDs (“IDs”); internet protocol address ("IP address") and information derived from your IP address such as your geographic location.
• In some cases, your business contact data may be provided to us by a designated entity within your business or enterprise (such as a member of your IT department)
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
• to provide services that you (or your employer) requested;
• to respond to your questions or requests for information;
• to offer better and more customized services that take into account your service record and other relevant information;
• subject to your consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new services;
• for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our services and carrying out customer surveys);
• to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities;
• to provide you technical support or other services you have ordered, as well as any fixes and other similar operational communications;
• to improve and develop services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
• to manage and develop our business relationship with you
• otherwise with your separate consent where required by applicable law or as described to at the time your information is collected.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. But we may share your information with the following entities:
• Samsung affiliates;
• third parties when necessary to provide you with requested services.;
• companies that provide services for or on behalf of us;
• other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
• with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
[For EU residents only]
To the extent your information is transferred to a third party whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive, we will put in place contractual safeguards approved by the European Commission to protect your personal data.
Can you access your information?
Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request details about the information we collect about you, to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, to request the erasure or portability of your information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please contact us.
We may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
How long do we keep your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
Copyright Samsung Biologics. All rights reserved
This experience CDO program is created to help our potential clients to understand CMC
activities necessary for IND submission. Depending on your molecule types and development
strategy, this interactive program will calculate and show you a customized timeline for
Please read below instruction for how to get started.
Thank you for the submission.
The customized timeline will be ready soon.